Poetry is what happens when Words Collide with Emotions

Poetry is what happens when Words Collide with Emotions

Sunday, September 23, 2012

It's Not For Us To Say ...


It's not for me to say what would have been 
In the land of what might not ever be
In the time we take to make mistakes
We lose the time we need to truly see

It's not for you to say who I should be
In the land of what you choose to see
In the air you breathe you speak your words
You lose yourself in the lies you decree

It's not for me to say how you should feel
In the land of what you call your heart
In the life you live you lead me away
I lose myself as you and I we come apart

It's not for you to say the direction I will take
In the land of what becomes our fate
In the place of time and time is turning
We lose all sense of who we create

It's not for me to say that time will burn away
In the land of what belongs to madness
In the wind we carry our missing chances
We lose our burning love consumed by sadness

It's not for you to say that we have lost it all
In the land of what can find the light
In the pages not yet written
We lose our cause and quit the fight

It's not for me to say we will never be again
In the land of broken dreams in space
In the light refracting everywhere
I lose my mind but I can see your face

It's not for you to say my heart will never open
In the land of walls and words unspoken
In the time that got away 
You lose the words you have never spoken

It's not for me to say I will never love again
In the land of what has just begun
In the life we have been given
I lose my pain and shines the sun

It's not for you to say the dawn is finished breaking
In the land of time and time still turning
In the age where time is just beginning
You lose all hope and never again will you be returning

It's not for us to say which way our lives will go
In the land of which is which and we are we
In the direction we land is up to us
We lose the past and start a new eternity 

Mj

No comments:

Post a Comment