Poetry is what happens when Words Collide with Emotions

Poetry is what happens when Words Collide with Emotions

Friday, September 7, 2012

A Summer's Daydream


Thinking about nothing in particular
Having so much on my mind
Going crazy in a confining silence
The sanity slowly slips behind

I started this crazy journey
When at last I closed my eyes
It was at that very moment
My soul had kissed the skies

Time was melting quickly
As if blasted by the sun
All of my memories like dreams
As if my life had just begun

Moments passing like whispers
In the frosty shadow of time
Like tiny little raindrops
They began to dance and shine

Flying now they make their way
Through the echoes of my past
Where there they find a resting place
All at once this moment would not last

My eyes begin to open
To the dawn of a brand new day
The sun it sets, a sight so divine
My wish came true upon this way

It flutters through within my soul
This moment of the night
Moon glowing and stars twinkling
A symphony it is this light

My heart is thumping like a drum
A melody suspended in time
Moving now at the speed of sound
To a brand new feeling in this heart of mine

Mj

No comments:

Post a Comment